While HDMI-compliant devices are becoming more popular, the majority of traffic control centers and other large-scale, centralized control rooms still rely on DVI display devices.
In order to avoid signal instability, quality deterioration and other factors associated with interface converters, ATEN created the VM5404D: A seamless matrix switch for DVI signals that offers an easy and affordable way to route any of 4 DVI video sources to any of 4 DVI displays.
The VM5404D includes seamless switching that employs an FPGA matrix architecture to ensure continuous video streaming, real-time control and stable signal transmission. With a built-in high-performance scaler, the VM5404D easily converts various input resolutions into a array of output resolutions, giving viewers the best image quality across all displays. The switch also integrates video wall functionality with an easy-to-use web GUI that lets you create 8 connection profiles for convenient layout customization.
The VM5404D is the ideal solution for any control center streaming multiple sources to multiple displays.
• 4x4 DVI I/O connections
• Configuration and Control via pushbuttons / IR Remote Control
• System Operation via bi-directional RS-232 serial controller / Browser Graphical User Interface (GUI) / Telnet
• Extends IR transmission via IR extension cable
• Built-in Scaler on each output port converts input resolutions into the display’s native resolution, supports scaling 1920 x 1200
resolutions up or down
• Seamless Switch™ – ATEN FPGA design unifies video formats to provide continuous video streams, real-time switching and stable
• Video Wall – features up to 8 video wall profiles for custom screen layouts via point-n-click web GUI
• EDID Expert – configures optimum EDID settings for smooth power-up, high-quality display and use of the best resolution across
• Firmware Upgradeable
• Rack Mountable (1U Design)
Interfaces4 x DVI-D Female (White)Impedance100 ?Max. Distance1.8 m
Interfaces4 x DVI-D Female (White)Impedance100 ?
Max. Data Rate6.75 Gbps (2.25 Gbps Per Lane)Max. Pixel Clock225 MHzComplianceHDCP 1.4 CompatibleMax. ResolutionUp to 1920 x 1200Max. DistanceUp to 5m
RS-232Connector: 1 x DB-9 Female (Black)
Baud Rate and Protocol: Baud Rate: 19200, Data Bits: 8, Stop Bit: 1,
Parity: No, Flow Control: NoIR1 x Mini Stereo Jack Female (Black)Ethernet1 x RJ-45 Female (Black)EDID SettingsEDID Mode: Default / Port 1/ Remix / Customized
Connectors1 x 3-Prong AC SocketMaximum Input Power Rating100-240VAC; 50-60Hz; 1.0AConsumption120VAC, 34.1W; 230VAC, 34.4W
Operating Temperature0-50°CStorage Temperature-20 - 60°CHumidity0 - 80% RH, Non-Condensing
HousingMetalWeight3.50 kg ( 7.71 lb )Dimensions (L x W x H)43.24 x 25.98 x 4.40 cm
(17.02 x 10.23 x 1.73 in.)