With limited server room space and rising maintenance costs, network administrators are now more than ever looking for solutions that reduce both costs and space requirements. ATEN LCD KVM Switches offer a space saving, streamlined approach to KVM switching technology by integrating an LCD panel, full keyboard, and touchpad into a 1U rack-mountable sliding housing.
The CL1308 LCD KVM Switch features an integrated 19" LED-backlit LCD panel allowing access and control with up to 8 computers from a single console (keyboard, mouse, and monitor). As many as 8 additional switches can be cascaded bringing the total number of connected computers to 128 computers that can be controlled from a single keyboard-monitor-mouse console.
Setup is fast and easy; plugging cables into their appropriate ports is all that is needed. The switch supports both USB and PS/2 connections for the computers. The CL1308 intercepts keyboard input directly, thus eliminating the need for any software configuration. Switching between computers can be easily accomplished either by manually pressing the front panel push button port LEDs, entering hotkey combinations from the keyboard, or via a menu driven multilingual on-screen display (OSD) system.
• Exclusive LED illumination light - designed by ATEN to illuminate the keyboard and touchpad to allow visibility in low-light conditions
• A single console controls up to 128 computers by cascade to 2 levels and connect up to 8 switches.
• Integrated KVM console with 19" LED-backlit LCD panel
• Dual Interface – supports computers with PS/2 or USB keyboards and mice
• Multiplatform support – Windows 2000/XP/Vista, Linux, Mac, and Sun
• Supports USB keyboards for PC, Mac and Sun
• Auto PS/2 and USB interface detection
• USB or PS/2 keyboard and mouse emulation – computers boot even when the console focus is elsewhere
• Superior video quality – up to 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz; DDC2B
• Convenient computer switching via front panel push buttons, hotkeys, or multilingual on-screen display (OSD) menu
• Two level password security - only authorized users view and control computers; up to four users and an administrator with a separate profi le for each
• Auto Scan feature for monitoring user-selected computers
• Broadcast mode – operations simultaneously performed on all selected computers
• Hot pluggable – add or remove computers without having to power down the switch
• Buzzer on/off via hotkey and OSD
• Rack mountable
• Keyboard language supports English (US), English (UK), French, German, German (Swiss), Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Traditional Chinese